We are actively supporting our employees with up to date information regarding the COVID-19 virus.
We also have inhouse processes in place to educate and encourage good hygiene practices. This includes this letter to all employees and their supporters
Dear Employees and/or Supporters
Cargill Enterprises is responding to the new Coronavirus (COVID-19) threat by informing employees about the appropriate actions to protect themselves and each other as much as possible.
How are we doing this?
During the daily departmental meetings, the Health and Safety topic for March 2020 is ‘COVID-19’.
We are discussing the following points:
- We are not panicking
- Basic information about the virus and how it is spread
- Cough/sneeze hygiene
- Cough/sneeze into elbow area or tissue
- Throw out tissue immediately
- Wash hands after coughing/sneezing
- Thorough Handwashing - (especially before eating and after eating)
- Wet hands
- Apply soap
- Wash hands for 20 seconds (sing happy birthday twice)
- Dry well
- As an extra precaution hand sanitiser can be used, but not as a substitute to handwashing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth with hands
- Stay at home if showing symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath
- COVID-19 updates provided to supervisors and managers, so they can inform employees accurately, especially if there are questions.
Brief outline of other tasks underway:
- Establish an emergency decision making team
- Assess risk and clarify emergency response plans
- Establish emergency information and communication mechanisms
- Assess the need for Wellbeing-Plans for employees
- Evaluate supply chain risks, response and plans.
- Predetermine the risks arising from work cessation
- Establish communications with support services and family members
- Update ‘Employee Emergency Information’ data
- Evaluate budget adjustments
- Update risk management plan
For more information regarding COVID-19 click here